E-mail MeJillian A. Wood Esq.
Adopted by two lawyers, Jillian Wood followed in her parent’s footsteps and became a lawyer to help her clients get what they deserve. Jillian makes sure you understand your rights in your family law case. She understands that you need someone you can lean on during this difficult time and will make sure you are kept up to date with your case. As a trained mediator and collaborative law attorney, Jillian can also guide you through that process in your family law matter.
Jillian received her Juris Doctor from Saint Louis University. Jillian gained experience in family law as an intern with the school's legal clinic assisting clients with child guardianship, child orders of protection, and special education advocacy. She now serves as a Partner managing the Illinois offices and the Arnold, Missouri office. She also helps manage the St. Charles, Troy and Lee's Summit Offices with Kelly Davidzuk. She is based out of the firm’s Belleville office. Licensed to practice in both Missouri and Illinois, she is ready to handle your case in either jurisdiction.
Jillian has been selected as a Super Lawyer Rising Star for Family Law from 2015 to 2017 by Illinois Super Lawyers Magazine. Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in the state receive this honor. In addition, Jillian was Lead Counsel Rated for Divorce and Family Law. Only attorneys who demonstrate significant experience, peer endorsements and a clean discipline history are selected for this honor, so you can be sure you are hiring an attorney that knows how to handle your family law case. Jillian was also named a 2015 Top 10 Illinois Family Law Attorney under 40 by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys.
Outside of helping you in your family law case, she enjoys surfing YouTube for music videos with her husband Rob and step-daughter Lucie, and binge watching TV series on AMC and Netflix such as Breaking Bad, Merlin, Luther, That 70's Show and The Walking Dead. When not on the lookout for zombies, Ms. Wood can be found walking her sausage-like Jack Russell Terrier, Jesse, or grabbing a bite to eat at her favorite neighborhood restaurants, Sqwires and Planter's House.
Note: The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.
Areas of Practice
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Family Law
- Motions to Modify
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Order of Protection
- Collaborative Family Law
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- Saint Louis University
- Major: Clinical Laboratory Science
- Saint Louis University
- Major: Public Health
- NBI National Webcast: Adoption, Surrogacy and Assisted Reproduction Law, National Business Institute (5/19/15)
- Divorce Property Division and Trust Assets: Strategies for Attacking or Defending Trusts, Strafford Publications Webinar (6/17/15)
- NBI Live Teleconference: Imputed Income in Divorce, National Business Institute (11/09/15)
- NBI National Webcast: Divorce Law: Common Mistakes in Dividing Assets, National Business Institute (3/2/16-3/3/16)
- Divorce Property Division and Trust Assets: Strategies for Attacking or Defending Trusts, Strafford Publications (11/2/16)
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers - 2016 Illinois Rising Stars, 2016
- Super Lawyers - 2015 Illinois Rising Stars, 2015
- Lead Counsel Rated for Divorce/Family Law, Lead Counsel, 2014 - Present
- AVVO Superb Rating, 2015-Present
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys - Top 10 Illinois Family Law Attorney Under 40, 2015
- Super Lawyers - 2017 Illinois Rising Stars, 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, 2015 - Present