What Is Spousal Support (also known as Maintenance or Alimony) in Chicago, IL?In many divorce matters, spousal support can be a major focal point. This is especially true when one spouse has been a stay-at-home parent and has not worked in recent years. While there are no set guidelines or requirements for spousal support in the State of Illinois, that does not mean that spouses are not entitled to seek it. It only means that a compelling case needs to be made no matter what side you are on in a maintenance case.In these situations, it is important to ensure that you have an experienced attorney on your side who understands the law and will work hard to protect your interests. At Stange Law Firm, PC, we represent clients throughout the Chicago Metro area in all types of spousal support matters. No matter which side of the case you are on, we are committed to doing everything in our power to secure the most favorable possible result on your behalf.
Spousal Maintenance in Cook County, IllinoisIn years past in Illinois, judges were given a lot of power in determining the amount and duration of maintenance awarded in divorce matters. Now there are new guidelines in place that use a formula to calculate the amount of maintenance awarded as well as the duration of the maintenance payments.The Formula to Estimate The Length of Divorce Maintenance/Spousal Support Award in Your Case is:
- (Marriage 0-5 years) x (20%)
- (Marriage 5-6 years) x (24%)
- (Marriage 6-7 years) x (28%)
- (Marriage 7-8 years) x (32%)
- (Marriage 8-9 years) x (36%)
- (Marriage 9-10 years) x (40%)
- (Marriage 10-11 years) x (44%)
- (Marriage 11-12 years) x (48%)
- (Marriage 12-13 years) x (52%)
- (Marriage 13-14 years) x (56%)
- (Marriage 14-15 years) x (60%)
- (Marriage 15-16 years) x (64%)
- (Marriage 16-17 years) x (68%)
- (Marriage 17-18 years) x (74%)
- (Marriage 18-19 years) x (76%)
- (Marriage 19-20 years) x (80%)
- Marriages of 20+ years – court shall order either permanent maintenance or the length of the marriage
Attorneys Handling Spousal Support in Chicago, Illinois in Cook CountyTo talk with a spousal support lawyer who can help you in Chicago, IL in Cook County, call us at 855-805-0595 or contact our law firm online.To learn more about the Cook County Family Court, please visit the following links:
- Cook County Family Court: Any additional information regarding the Cook County family court can be found by visiting this website.
- Cook County Local Court Rules: Wondering what all of the Cook County court rules may be? More information can be found here.
- Cook County Courthouse Directions: Are you in need of directions or a map of the Cook County courthouse? Click on this link provided to help you out!