Assisting Unmarried Parents With Child Custody, DNA Testing, Paternity and Child Support in Peoria, Illinois and Peoria County
If you have had a child out-of-wedlock, you may have many questions and concerns in terms of child custody and child support. At Stange Law Firm, PC from our divorce and family law office in Bloomington, Illinois in McLean County, we are committed to serving parents and children located in Peoria, Illinois and Peoria County in their paternity matters.
We represent parents who are not married in cases, including:
- Child custody and parenting time in Peoria, Illinois: View information about child custody and parenting time here.
- Child support for children in Peoria, Illinois: Child support in Peoria, IL information can be found here.
- Peoria, IL Paternity and DNA Testing: Information about DNA testing and paternity laws.
- Modifications in custody, visitation and support: Find all the information you need to know about modifications in custody, visitation and support here.
- Fathers’ right lawyers in Peoria, Illinois: View a list of fathers rights’ lawyers in Peoria, IL here.
- Contempt, visitation and support orders and judgments: Additional information about contempt, visitation and support orders, and judgement laws can be viewed here.
Contact us today for an initial consultation.
Paternity Attorneys Serving Peoria, Illinois and Peoria County
Stange Law Firm, PC has represented numerous clients in custody, visitation and support matters. Based on our experience, Stange Law Firm, PC understands the difficult situations of unmarried parents, and will work diligently to achieve a positive resolution to your matter.
At Stange Law Firm, PC, many of our attorneys have received awards and accolades for their work in the areas of divorce and family law. Among others awards, many Stange Law Firm, PC attorneys have been named Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Honorees by Super Lawyers Magazine.
Stange Law Firm, PC analyzes all of the facts and issues in every individual’s case. We can provide clients with an understanding of what to expect in their matter by outlining the laws and how they affect their parental rights and obligations. It is also important to keep in mind that courts in Illinois base their custody determination on the “best interest” of the children. At Stange Law Firm, PC, we can help in the following areas as well:
- Representing unmarried fathers and mothers relative to custody and parenting time.
- Representing parents in child support hearings to determine financial arrangements for the children.
New Family Laws in Illinois
Most individuals are familiar with the term “child custody”. In Illinois however, that term is now being referred to as “allocation of parental responsibilities”. Illinois courts now allocate decision making power to each parent. This requires both parents to be involved in the life of their child, even if they aren’t great at communicating back and forth with one another. These decisions include: health, religion, education and extracurricular activities.
Contact Our McLean County Paternity Lawyers Serving Peoria County and Peoria, Illinois
To learn more about the laws on paternity, or to find a trust worthy family law attorney to help you with your paternity matter in Peoria, Illinois, contact us online or by phone to schedule a confidential initial consultation at our nearby Bloomington Office in McLean County, Illinois at:
McLean County (Bloomington), IL Office: 309-807-4915 | 1012 Ekstam Drive, Suite 4, Bloomington, Illinois 61704.