Order of Protection Lawyers in Union, Missouri in Jefferson County
Orders of protection (or protective orders) — often called restraining orders — are legal orders issued by Missouri, Illinois, Kansas and Oklahoma state courts. These orders require one person to stop harming another. They are designed to protect adults and children against violent or harassing behavior.
At Stange Law Firm, PC, we understand how the law can affect Union, Missouri families. Our knowledgeable lawyers counsel clients on what decisions to make when seeking or defending against orders for protection. We also stand up for them in court, working hard to protect their rights.
If you or someone you care about has become the victim of domestic violence, it may be possible to take legal action to make the violence stop. You may qualify for a protective order against a household member.
Many different family violence victims — both adults and children — qualify for an order for protection against a household member:
- Live-in girlfriends and boyfriends
- Parents, both married and unmarried
- Same-sex partners
We represent these people. We also represent people who are wrongly accused of causing domestic violence. Regardless of who you are or what your situation, domestic violence can touch your life in ways you never intended.
What Happens if an Order for Protection is Violated
If an order for protection is violated, the consequences can be serious. Violators can be arrested and prosecuted for a crime. They may also face a contempt of court action and be held in contempt of court. If the violation involves the failure to surrender child custody of a child, the child involved will be turned over to the custodial parent — and the violator will be arrested.
Stange Law Firm, PC has written articles on the topic for you to read:
- What should I know about Orders of Protection?
- Wife denied protective order with divorce filing
- Restraining orders, protective orders and injunctive relief
To learn more about the Jefferson County Family Court, please visit the following links:
- Jefferson County Family Court: Any additional information regarding the Jefferson County family court can be found here.
- Jefferson County Local Court Rules: Wondering what all of the Jefferson County court rules may be? Click here to take a look.
- Jefferson County Courthouse Directions: Do you need directions or a map of the Jefferson County courthouse? Click on this link provided to help you out!
Schedule An Initial Consultation to Learn More About Protective Order Attorneys in Union, Missouri in Jefferson County
Are you looking to hire an experienced family law attorney to help you with your order of protection? If so, schedule a confidential appointment with one of our attorneys, contact us online.
Jefferson County (Union), MO Office: 636-296-3060 click here for office information 16 Municipal Drive, Suite C, Union, MO 63010.