Assisting With Your Guardianship and Conservatorship Matters in Des Moines, Iowa in Polk County
At Stange Law Firm, we offer individuals in Des Moines, Iowa help regarding guardianship and conservatorship cases. Representing guardians or potential wards in court-ordered guardianship proceedings, our attorneys have the care and diligence to assist with protecting our client’s best interests and accomplish their overall goals. Our family law firm focuses solely on family law matters. Doing so has allowed us to obtain an in-depth understanding of the local laws and courts, which allows us to advocate zealously for our clients. We offer compassionate service to our clients throughout their matters. We also ensure that they are informed throughout the entire process by providing them with the cell phone number of their attorney and 24/7 access to their entire case file.
Des Moines and Polk County Guardianship and Conservatorship Answers
Guardianships and conservatorships are legal protections for individuals who can no longer take care of their own affairs. They can be inquired about on behalf of individuals who are allegedly incompetent, addicted, or disabled, as well as minors in certain scenarios. Once a guardianship or conservatorship is awarded, that guardian is now in charge of and protects that person, or his or her assets.
There are many situations where a guardianship or conservatorship may be warranted, including the examples below:
- A guardianship may be appropriate when elderly person has reached the point in their lives in which they are unable to care for themselves. If this individuals has yet to create a durable power of attorney or make other arrangements as part of an estate plan, guardianship may be needed to make sure that the person receives proper care.
- A conservatorship may be necessary for a child who has been given an inheritance or compensation for an accident, if the child’s parents are not able to effectively manage the money.
- A guardianship and conservatorship may be appropriate for a child with special needs when that child turns 18. These arrangements can ensure that a guardian or conservator is still able to make any major decisions regarding the child’s medical care and finances.
For a guardianship to be awarded, it is usually necessary to go to court and offer certain proof of incompetence. For those seeking court-ordered guardianship, they must usually present documents like a physician’s statement and certain medical records to help make their case.
Each Family in Des Moines, Iowa is Different
Each family throughout Polk County is unique, but getting control over a person’s finances or bills can offer some peace of mind to families. They understand that their loved one is protected from being taken advantage of financially and they can rest easy knowing that the individual will have help making difficult tough that could endanger their well-being.
However, oftentimes there can be some hostility and strife when families go through guardianship proceedings, especially when different family members do not agree about the steps being taken. At Stange Law Firm, we understand what families in Des Moines are going through. Our Polk County guardianship attorneys can work closely with you to make sure your rights and interests are protected.
To find out more about the Polk County Family Court, please visit the following links:
- Polk County Circuit Clerk’s Office: More information regarding the Polk County Circuit Clerk’s office and the Polk County Courthouse can be found here.
- Polk County Court Rules: Each local courthouse has its own rules and procedures. Learn more about the rules for the Polk County Court here.
- Polk County Family Law Forms & Information: Searching for the proper forms for Polk County Family Court? Find them at this link.
- Polk County Courthouse: Click here for the address and directions to the Polk County Courthouse from Google Maps.
Schedule An Initial Consultation to Find Out More About Guardianship Attorneys in Des Moines, Iowa in Polk County
Interested in hiring a compassionate and diligent family law attorney to assist you with your guardianship? If so, schedule a confidential appointment with one of our attorneys by contacting us online.
Polk County (Des Moines), Iowa Office (515-706-9130) | 699 Walnut St., Suite 455, Des Moines, Iowa 50309