Enforcement of Child Support Orders

Enforcement of Child Support Orders

At Stange Law Firm, PC, we represent parents in Missouri, Illinois, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Indiana in matters of child support and child custody enforcement. We do our best to make legal matters easier for our clients so that they can focus on taking care of what really matters — their children and their families.

Enforcement of Child Support Orders

Parents who fail to pay court-ordered child support face a broad spectrum of consequences. These include having income withheld by the state. It also includes interception of federal and state income tax refunds, reporting to credit bureaus, filing liens on personal property, intercepting lottery winnings, and suspending driver’s licenses. These consequences are serious. For that reason, it is critical for non-custodial spouses to take action before they fall behind on their payments. By contacting an attorney, you may be able to have the child support order modified to suit your needs, and at Stange Law Firm, PC, we can help. Our team of lawyers represents clients in modification and enforcement proceedings. We represent both paying and receiving spouses and have the in-depth knowledge necessary to help our clients achieve the best possible results.

Enforcement of Child Custody and Visitation Orders

If a parent fails to pay child support, it is not okay for the other parent to withhold visitation. Visitation with a child should not be dependent on whether or not payments have been made. If a parent is denying visitation with a child, it may be possible to go to court to have the order enforced. At Stange Law Firm, PC, we help our clients understand their options so that they can make the right choices about what to do when custody is withheld. Missouri law allows parents to file family access motions if they are denied visitation with their children. These motions are legal tools designed to help people who are subject to an existing court order that is not being followed. When your Family Access Motion is filed, the court will review your child custody and visitation order to determine whether you were, in fact, entitled to the visitation you were denied. If you were, the court will order visitation. A motion for contempt is often another option as well. Having the other party held in contempt of court may also be possible. The attorneys at Stange Law Firm, PC, can advise you about your options to help you take effective action.

Find Out More About the Enforcement of Orders

You can read our blog post, Enforcing Child Custody Orders from Another State in Missouri, to learn more about the enforcement of orders.

Contact Our Multi-State Enforcement of Custody and Support Lawyers/Attorneys

Our law firm is here to assist you in Missouri, Illinois, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Indiana with a wide variety of family law matters. To learn more about the law on civil contempt of court, contact us online or by phone to schedule a confidential consultation at any of our convenient locations in St. Louis, Chicago, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Springfield, Columbia, Wichita, Topeka, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Omaha, Lincoln, and beyond.


Representing Clients in Divorce & Family Matters

We also handle many other family law matters, including but not limited to:

Dissolution of Marriage
Unfortunately, there are times when a marriage is irretrievably broken and a divorce is the only option. We can help with your uncontested, contested, simple or complex divorce case.
Legal Separation
There are some instances where married parties are separated, but are unsure whether their marriage can be reconciled or may later need to be dissolved. We can help with a legal separation if this is the case.
In certain circumstances, a party may be able to seek an annulment if there are circumstances that led to a party being fraudulently induced into entering a marriage.
Family Law
Unfortunately, there are times when a marriage is irretrievably broken and a divorce is the only option. We can help with your uncontested, contested, simple or complex divorce case.
Collaborative Law/Mediation
If you are looking for an amicable resolution to your divorce or family law matter, we have attorneys who can help you with a collaborative family law case or mediation.
Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
These agreements help couples make critical decisions about their relationships, just in case. While prenuptial agreements are drafted before a marriage, postnuptial agreements are drafted during the marriage, usually when circumstances change.
Paternity Law/Mediation
With approximately forty-percent of all children being born out of wedlock, we represent numerous unmarried parents in child custody and child support disputes. These cases are the twenty-first century divorce and extremely common.
Guardianships and conservatorships
We also represent clients in matters of guardianships and conservatorships, helping them protect the people they love — especially when those people can no longer care for themselves. Our work in this area often involves people facing physical and mental illnesses, alcoholism and addiction.
Surrogacy Agreements
We can help clients negotiate surrogacy agreements, drafting and executing all related documents as well as resolving any conflicts that may arise.
Step-parent adoption
We represent parents in step-parent adoptions, which usually occur when a parent marries or remarries after the birth of a biological child. Step-parent adoptions help bring families closer together by creating a solid family unit.
Name Change
If you are seeking to legally change your name, we can help.
Orders of Protection
We can help you in legal proceedings involving restraining orders.
We are honored to represent clients who wish to adopt a child into their family.
Minor emancipation
In some cases, minors do best when they are given the rights and responsibilities of adults. We assist in minor emancipation, representing both teens and their parents.
Grandparents' rights
Lawyers at our firm also handle grandparents' rights issues such as child custody, guardianship and grandparent adoption.
We represent parties in appeals of adverse family court judgments, including divorce, child custody, child support, maintenance and grandparent visitation.
Child Support
We represent clients in matters involving child support.
Child Custody
We represent parents in child custody disputes.
Juvenile Matters
We represent parties in juvenile matters involving the Division of Family Law Services.
We assist clients in modifying prior child custody and child support judgments when the facts call for it.
We help clients in contempt of court matters as well as family access motions.
Military Divorce
We are proud to represent service members in divorce and family law matters.
SLF Icon
Serving the St. Louis Metropolitan Area, Kansas City, Columbia, Springfield, Wichita, Topeka, Tulsa and Beyond in Missouri, Illinois, Kansas and Oklahoma

From our webpage, you can also read articles about family law, view informational videos, seminar videos, listen to our podcast, download our mobile application or view support calculators for MissouriIllinois and Kansas.

If you are looking to find and hire a child custody lawyer, contact us online or by phone to schedule a consultation at any of our convenient locations.


Prenuptial Agreements Line by Line

Aspatore Books from Thomson Reuters Westlaw

Strategies For Family Law Illinois

Aspatore Books from Thomson Reuters Westlaw

Strategies For Military Family Law

Aspatore Books from Thomson Reuters Westlaw

Protect Yourself By Understanding Your Options and Knowing Your Rights


SLF Icon


Stange Law Firm, PC

120 S. Central Avenue, Suite 450

St. Louis (Clayton), Missouri 63105

Toll Free: 855-805-0595
Fax: 314-963-9191
Group 144


Contact Our Team

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Family Law Legal Services At Your Fingertips


When you choose us, you don’t have to sacrifice quality or service. You get the resources of a large divorce and family law firm AND the attentive service of a local attorney.