Multi-State Child Support Modification Lawyers
When to Seek Missouri, Illinois, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Nebraska Child Support ModificationChild support modification can occur after a temporary court order, marital settlement agreement, or divorce judgment is executed. If you need to modify your child support order, you may increase or decrease the amount of child support. While there are many reasons a couple may wish to modify their child support order, some of the most common reasons for child support modifications are:
- Changes in income — post-judgment modifications of Missouri, Illinois, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Nebraska child support often occur when one parent’s income significantly increases enough to warrant an adjustment.
- Increases in need — if the child’s needs have changed (such as when a child enters daycare), a parent may seek to modify the existing child support agreement.
Exceptional Legal RepresentationOur family lawyers can help you petition the court to modify your child support order. When you choose Stange Law Firm, PC, you can rest assured that you are receiving the best legal representation for all of your child support circumstances, including:
- An increase in the child support amount
- A decrease in your current payment obligation
- Termination of child support obligations due to a child’s emancipation
- And more