Talk With A Lawyer About Contracts That Affect Your Marriage in Kansas City, Missouri
Good prenuptial agreements should contain detailed descriptions of the significant property and debts owned by each partner. Depending on the nature and complexity of these assets, a prenuptial agreement can be just a few pages — or a few hundred. At the Stange Law Firm, PC, we draft each prenup so that it meets the exact needs of our clients.
To be valid, a prenuptial agreement must meet certain requirements:
- Be signed by both spouses
- Be accompanied by a complete disclosure of all assets, income and debts of each spouse
- List court-ordered maintenance being paid or received
- Allow spouses sufficient opportunity to consider the provisions of the agreement consult with lawyers before signing
- Be entered into freely and voluntarily
Kansas City, Missouri Postnuptial Agreements
Also called post-marital agreements, postnuptial agreements are contracts between two partners that are entered into during a marriage. Like prenuptial agreements, they contain provisions addressing how to divide property in the event of divorce or the loss of a spouse.
Enforcing a Prenuptial or Postnuptial Agreement in Kansas City, Missouri
It can be difficult to enforce a prenuptial or post-nuptial agreement. The standards courts impose are high. But when a family law conflict requires legal action, we offer high-quality legal solutions for our clients. Our focus is helping you move in the right direction. We do this by working closely with you to develop a family law strategy that weighs costs and benefits of each action. Together, we take action that gets results.
Not being represented by a lawyer at the time of signing can be a basis for challenging the enforceability of a prenuptial agreement later on. For this reason, both parties really should have their own attorneys. Please note as well that Kirk C. Stange authored a book on prenuptial agreements through Thomson Reuters (Aspatore Publishing) titled: Prenuptial Agreements Line by Line.
Handling Prenuptial or Postnuptial Agreement in Kansas City, Missouri
To learn more about the Kansas City MO Family Court, please visit the following links:
- Kansas City Family Court: Any additional information regarding the Jackson family court can be found here.
- Kansas City Local Court Rules: Wondering what all of the Jackson court rules may be? Click here to take a look.
- Kansas City Courthouse Directions: Do you need directions or a map of the Jackson courthouse? Click on this link provided to help you out!
Call Today To Learn More From a Kansas City, MO Prenuptial Agreement Lawyer
As unappealing as a prenuptial agreement may sound for your marriage, it could help you in the long run. We have written articles about prenuptial agreements to help you learn more about the topic: Is a prenuptial agreement in your future? How to have ‘the talk’, Social media clauses gaining popularity in prenuptial agreements, Domestic Asset Protection Trusts Versus Prenuptial Agreements: What is the Best Option?, and Prenuptial Agreements for Elderly Couples.
Contact a Kansas City, MO prenuptial agreement lawyer online or by phone 816-631-0307 to schedule a confidential consultation.
Kansas City, MO Office location: 2300 Main Street, Suite 948, Kansas City, MO 64108.