Sangamon County and Springfield, Illinois Child Custody Attorneys
If you are in the midst of a custody dispute in Sangamon County in Springfield, Illinois, Stange Law Firm, PC is a law firm you can count on to help. We can help you understand what the courts expect and how they make legal and physical custody determinations.
Legal and physical custody determinations are now accomplished in the form of a “Parenting Plan” that seeks to “allocate parental responsibilities and parenting time” rather than determine “custody” and “visitation”. We welcome this change, as we have tremendous experience resolving issues through comprehensive arrangements.
We believe that where settlement is possible, this is beneficial to children versus contested proceedings between their parents. However, when that is not an option, we are a family law focused law firm that will boldly represent your interests in court.
Springfield, IL Child Custody Attorneys in Sangamon County
Many of our family law lawyers have received awards and accolades. You can see those awards in their biographies.
You can also obtain more information about the Sangamon County Court in Springfield, Illinois by going to the following links:
- Sangamon County Circuit Clerk’s Office: Click this link to find more information on the Sangamon County Circuit Clerk’s office
- Sangamon County Family Court Rules: More information about the Sangamon County court rules can be found at this link here.
- Map to Sangamon County Courthouse: Are you in need of directions to the Sangamon County Courthouse? Click on the link provided.
- Sangamon County Family Law Forms: Find the Sangamon County Family Law Forms you’re looking for here.
- Illinois Child Support Estimate: Are you wishing you knew what the estimated cost was going to be for your child support payments in Illinois? Click here to use the calculator provided.
Springfield, Illinois Child Custody Lawyers Ready To Boldly Represent Your Interests in Custody Cases in Sangamon County, Illinois
We represent clients in an array of child custody matters, including:
- Joint custody, physical custody and legal custody arrangements in Springfield, IL
- Visitation rights and parenting time enforcement in Springfield, IL
- Springfield, IL Relocation cases: View information about relocation cases in Springfield, IL.
- Springfield, IL divorce lawyers: Find information about divorce attorneys in Springfield, IL here.
- Springfield, IL paternity cases: Information about paternity cases in Springfield, IL can be found here.
- Springfield, IL child support: View any additional information needed about child support matters in Springfield, IL.
From our webpage, you can also read articles about family law, view informational videos, seminar videos, listen to our podcast, download our mobile application or view support calculator for Illinois.
At Stange Law Firm, PC, we only practice family law. If you choose our firm, you will have a law firm by your side with the experience, compassion and insight to navigate you through your case no matter where you live in Sangamon County, Illinois.
Changes to Illinois Child Custody Law
In Illinois, the term “child custody” is no longer being used. Now, courts call it “allocation of parental responsibilities.” Each parent is “allocated” decision-making power by Illinois courts on important decisions, such as: health, religion, education and extracurricular activities. Some parents have a hard time communicating well with each other and this new rule allows parents to still both be involved in the life of their child even if communication is problematic between them.
Contact Springfield, IL Child Custody Attorneys in Sangamon County
Are you looking to hire an experienced family law attorney to help you with your child custody matter? If so, contact us online or by phone to schedule a confidential consultation at our Sangamon County Office in Springfield. Information about this location is below:
Sangamon County (Springfield), IL Office: 217-717-8605. Click to learn more about this location. 400 S. 9th St., Suite 100, Springfield, Illinois 62701.