Parental Rights

We've dedicated our firm to family law. Watch a quick video on why:

Stange Law Firm img
Play Video

Other Related Topics

Parental Rights

If you are living abroad and seeking to assert or recover your custody rights regarding a child living in Missouri, Illinois, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Indiana there are laws in place that can be used to recover your child. Those same laws can be used to prevent the removal of a child from the United States to another country in violation of the custody rights of a parent living in the U.S. We represent clients in international child custody and visitation matters. Our work includes:
  • Recovering custody of children who have been brought to the U.S. in violation of custody orders
  • Protecting the custody rights of a parent and child living in the U.S.
  • Asserting visitation rights with a child living in the U.S. for parents who live abroad

Understanding Your Parental Rights

If you are a parent who is seeking child custody rights to a child in the U.S., you need to act quickly to assert your rights. Delay in this effort can put you at a legal disadvantage. The skilled lawyers at Stange Law Firm, PC, will undertake a comprehensive effort — first to locate your child if necessary, and then to develop and act upon a legal strategy designed to assert your parental rights and achieve your goals. We have written many articles on parental rights to help you understand the topic a little more: Do you have a plan for establishing parental rights in Missouri? and Parental rights are more than the right to pay for child support.

Contact Our Attorneys in Missouri, Illinois, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Indiana

To learn more about our approach to parental rights, contact our parental rights lawyers online or by phone to schedule a confidential consultation at any of our convenient locations. We have offices in Missouri, Illinois, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Indiana in St. Louis, Chicago, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Springfield, Columbia, Wichita, Topeka, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Omaha, Lincoln, and beyond.


Full Service Child Custody Representation

Our child custody practice focuses on protecting the wellbeing of children and the rights of parents. We handle issues such as:
Often called parenting time, visitation is the amount of time a noncustodial parent spends with his or her child. We can handle a broad spectrum of visitation matters.
Creating a parenting plan
Getting visitation rights means drafting a parenting plan that works. We can help.
Relocation with a child
Courts have continuing jurisdiction over child custody and visitation orders. So, when a parent wants to move, it is usually necessary to get the court's permission first. Failure to do so can put your time with your child in jeopardy.
Enforcement of orders
If a parent fails to follow a child custody order, it may be possible to take him or her to court to enforce the order.
Contempt of court
If you are found to have repeatedly ignored a court order, you may be found in contempt of court.
Modification of orders:
When you need a court order changed, you can work with the experienced attorneys at Stange Law Firm, PC.
Custody Issues for Nonmarried Parents
Next to divorce actions, paternity cases (custody and support cases between unmarried parents) are among the most common cases in family law.
Parental Rights
Parents are often concerns about their parental rights, especially fathers in certain circumstances.
Family Access Motions
If you are being denied access to your children, you may want to consider a family access motion.
Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act
If you have jurisdictional issues involving your custody case, you will want an attorney familiar with the UCCJEA.
Custody Evaluations
If you have a complex custody case where psychological issues or abuse may be in play, you might want to consider a child custody evaluation
Hague Convention
If you are dealing with an international child custody dispute, and perhaps child abduction, knowing about the Hague Convention is often critical.
Third-Party Custody
If you are not the biological parents, in certain cases all may not be lost. You might have a right to third party custody in certain situations.
Fertility and Surrogacy
Fertility and surrogacy is a growing area of the law for those who want children.
In some custody cases, parties might live far apart. This can result in difficult child custody cases with transportation at issue.

Prenuptial Agreements Line by Line

Aspatore Books from Thomson Reuters Westlaw

Strategies For Family Law Illinois

Aspatore Books from Thomson Reuters Westlaw

Strategies For Military Family Law

Aspatore Books from Thomson Reuters Westlaw

Protect Yourself By Understanding Your Options and Knowing Your Rights


SLF Icon


Stange Law Firm, PC

120 S. Central Avenue, Suite 450

St. Louis (Clayton), Missouri 63105

Toll Free: 855-805-0595
Fax: 314-963-9191
Group 144


Contact Our Team

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Family Law Legal Services At Your Fingertips


When you choose us, you don’t have to sacrifice quality or service. You get the resources of a large divorce and family law firm AND the attentive service of a local attorney.