Peoria County and Peoria, Illinois Child Custody Attorneys
If you are in the midst of a custody dispute in Peoria County in Peoria, Illinois, Stange Law Firm, PC is a law firm that can assist. From our nearby Bloomington, Illinois Family Law office, we can help you understand how courts decide on legal and physical custody matters and the provide guidance throughout the process.
A “Parenting Plan” that looks to “allocate parental responsibilities and parenting time” rather than determine “custody” and “visitation” are now utilized in Legal and physical custody determinations. We welcome this change, as we have tremendous experience resolving issues through comprehensive arrangements.
As a benefit to the children involved, we believe that a settlement, if possible, is a better option than contested proceedings between the parents. However, this is not always an option. If the matter must be tried in a courtroom, we focus our practice solely on family law matters and can compassionately and diligently represent your best interest in court.
Peoria, IL Child Custody Lawyers Serving Peoria County
Many of our family law lawyers have received awards and accolades. You can see those awards in their biographies. Attorneys at Stange Law Firm, PC have been recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine as Rising Stars and Super Lawyers Honorees, among many other accolades.
You can also obtain more information about the Peoria County Court in Peoria, Illinois by going to the following links:
- Peoria County Circuit Clerk’s Office: Click this link to find more information on the Peoria County Circuit Clerk’s office
- Peoria County Family Court Rules: More information about the Peoria County court rules can be found at this link here.
- Map to Peoria County Courthouse: Are you in need of directions to the Peoria County Courthouse? Click on the link provided.
- Peoria County Family Law Forms: Find the Peoria County Family Law Forms you’re looking for here.
- Peoria County Children’s Advocacy Center: If you know a child that is a victim of child abuse or trauma, visit this webpage for important information.
- Illinois Child Support Estimate: Are you wishing you knew what the estimated cost was going to be for your child support payments in Illinois? Click here to use the calculator provided.
Peoria, Illinois Child Custody Lawyers Ready To Diligently Represent Your Interests in Custody Matters in Peoria County, Illinois
From our office nearby in McLean County, Illinois, we represent clients in an array of child custody matters, including:
- Joint custody, physical custody and legal custody arrangements in Peoria, Illinois
- Visitation rights and parenting time enforcement in Peoria, Illinois
- Peoria, IL Relocation cases: View information about relocation cases in Peoria, Illinois.
- Peoria, IL divorce lawyers: Find information about divorce attorneys in Peoria, Illinois here.
- Peoria, IL paternity cases: Information about paternity cases in Peoria, Illinois can be found here.
- Peoria, IL child support: View any additional information needed about child support matters in Peoria, Illinois.
At Stange Law Firm, PC, have focused our practice solely on matters relating to family law. When working with our attorneys, you will have a firm on your side with the experience, knowledge and diligence to effective guide you through the process of your case.
Changes to Illinois Child Custody Law
In the state of Illinois, the term “allocation of parental responsibilities” has replaced the term “child custody.” Each individual parent is “allocated” decision making power by the Illinois Courts on important decisions. These decisions include health, religion, education and extracurricular activities. Because some parties have a difficult time communicating well with each other, this new rule allows both parents to still be involved in the life of the child, without problematic communication between the parties affecting the child or children’s well-being.
Contact Bloomington, IL Child Custody Attorneys in McLean County and Serving Normal
Are you looking to hire a knowledgeable family law attorney to help you with your child custody matter in Peoria County, Illinois? If so, contact us online or by phone to schedule a confidential consultation at our nearby McLean County Office in Bloomington. Information about this location is below:
McLean County (Bloomington), IL Office: 309-807-4915 |1012 Ekstam Drive, Suite 4, Bloomington, Illinois 61704.