Divorce is difficult and developing a co-parenting relationship with an ex-spouse isn’t easy. In essence, it is moving from the emotional relationship of your past marriage and establishing a more rational, businesslike relationship to support your children’s needs.
It is sometimes helpful to have some children’s books about divorce or featuring single-parent families to ease the transition.
Below are some children’s books recommended by the Association for Library Service to Children (“ALSC”) that may be helpful:
· Dinosaurs Divorce by Laurene Krasny Brown and Marc Brown
· A Smart Girls’ Guide to Her Parents’ Divorce by Nancy Holyoke
· Two Homes by Claire Masurel
· The Family Book by Todd Parr
· It’s Not Your Fault, Koko Bear by Vicki Lansky
· Flora and Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo
· A Chair for My Mother by Vera B. Williams
· Horton Hatches the Egg by Dr. Seuss
· Living with Mom and Living with Dad by Melanie Walsh
When you are faced with divorce, one of your first concerns will most likely be the future and well-being of your children. At Stange Law Firm, PC, we make the best interests of your children our top priority. Each divorce is unique and the outcome will have a major impact on your family. Stange Law Firm offers prospective clients a confidential half-hour consultation to talk with an attorney about issues you face and what you can expect if you choose to work with us.
Source: Association for Library Service to Children (“ALSC”)