Protective orders — often called restraining orders — are legal orders issued by Missouri state courts. These orders require one person to stop harming another. They are designed to protect adults and children against violent or harassing behavior.
At Stange Law Firm, PC, we understand how the law can affect Missouri families. Our knowledgeable lawyers counsel clients on what decisions to make when seeking or defending against orders for protection. We also stand up for them in court, working hard to protect their rights.
If you or someone you care about has become the victim of domestic violence, it may be possible to take legal action to make the violence stop. You may qualify for a protective order against a household member.
Many different family violence victims — both adults and children — qualify for an order for protection against a household member:
- Live-in girlfriends and boyfriends
- Parents, both married and unmarried
- Same-sex partners
We represent these people. We also represent people who are wrongly accused of causing domestic violence. Regardless of who you are or what your situation, domestic violence can touch your life in ways you never intended.
What Happens if an Order for Protection is Violated
If an order for protection is violated, the consequences can be serious. Violators can be arrested and prosecuted for a crime. They may also face a contempt of court action and be held in contempt of court. If the violation involves the failure to surrender child custody of a child, the child involved will be turned over to the custodial parent — and the violator will be arrested.
- What should I know about Orders of Protection?
- Wife denied protective order with divorce filing
- Restraining orders, protective orders and injunctive relief
Contact a St. Louis Protective Orders Attorney
Contact us online or by phone to schedule a complimentary and confidential half-hour consultation at any of our convenient locations, including:
- St. Louis County (Clayton), MO: 314-963-4700 Learn more
- West County (Ellisville), MO: 636-200-6400 Learn more
- Jackson County (Lee's Summit), MO Office: 816-875-4505 Learn more
Jefferson County (Arnold), MO Office: 636-296-3060
- St. Charles, MO Office: 636-940-5900 Learn more
- Franklin County (Union), MO Office: 636-388-0700 Learn more
- Lincoln County (Troy), MO Office: 636-487-0088 Learn more
- Boone County (Columbia), MO Office: 573-303-0595 Learn more
- St. Clair County (Belleville), IL Office: 618-310-3711 Learn more
- Madison County (Edwardsville), IL Office: 618-307-7100 Learn more
- Sangamon County (Springfield), IL: 217-717-8605 Learn more
- Monroe County (Waterloo), IL (by appt. only): 618-208-0587 Learn more
- Saint Louis City, MO Office (by appt. only): 314-499-8340 Learn more
- Jackson County (Kansas City), MO (by appt. only): 816-299-4530 Learn more