Domestic Violence Lawyers in Missouri, Illinois, Kansas and Oklahoma
States have enacted stringent laws regarding domestic violence. These laws provide protection for victims of domestic violence by restraining their abusers and providing financial support to the victims.
If you have experienced abuse or threats of domestic violence, you can look to Stange Law Firm, PC, to provide compassionate service and diligent representation. Our lawyers represent clients throughout Missouri, Illinois, Kansas and Oklahoma. We represent individuals seeking protections from abusers as well as those facing false allegations of abuse.
We handle many different issues related to family violence:
- Domestic abuse: You do not have to suffer through domestic abuse. The attorneys at Stange Law Firm have a great deal of experience handling domestic violence matters. We can help you understand your options.
- Child neglect: If your child has been taken into custody by the Department of Social Services, Stange Law Firm can help you in this matter.
- Protective orders: The attorneys at Stange Law Firm, PC, have successfully obtained orders of protection and can work to obtain protection for you and your loved ones.
- Psychological Evaluations in Divorce : The psychological state of the parties might be an important issue in a custody dispute. We can help request a psychological evaluation if this is an important issue in your case.
- Juvenile Matters : Important child custody issues might be litigated in the juvenile court. Attorneys at Stange Law Firm, PC can help if that is the case.
- Supervised Visitation: In some severe cases, one parent might be a risk to the physical health or emotional development of the children such that supervised visitation might need to be explored. We can help in these cases.
- Guardian ad Litem : A Guardian ad Litem might need to be appointed in a custody case to ensure the interests of the children are protected.
- Parental Alienation : In extreme cases, children might be alienated from their parents. This can happen in unfortunate cases and we have experience in these types of cases.
- Estranged Children: Opposite of parental alienation, in some cases, the conduct of a parent might be so extreme that the children become realistically estranged from their parent. It’s important to have an attorney who understands realistic estrangement and how it can often be overlooked.
- Parental Abduction : Parental abduction is a crisis type situation where one of the parents flees with the children in violation of a court order or to deprive the other parent of any custody time. It is critical to act fast and have an attorney in your corner if this is the case.
- Drug Tests : Drug use can be significant problem in child custody cases. In certain cases, a parent might be a drug or alcohol abuser. It is vital to have an attorney who understands this issue and can help obtain an order for a drug or alcohol test.
- Parent Coordinators : While it is not allowed by statute in Missouri or Illinois except by agreement, in some extreme cases, the parties might agree to have a parent coordinator help resolve legal custody disputes between parents who cannot co-parent. At Stange Law Firm, PC, we can help you explore this option as it might help minimize the need for costly litigation.
- Sexual Abuse Allegations: In some child custody cases, sexual abuse allegations can arise. In some instances, the allegations regrettably turn out to be true. In other cases, the allegations are false and/or brought maliciously. No matter the situation, it is critical that you have counsel in your corner if sexual abuse allegations are part of your child custody matter.
For Abuse Victims In Missouri, Illinois, Kansas and Oklahoma
You or other household members do not have to suffer abuse or threats. Attorneys at the Stange Law Firm can help you obtain protection. The first step is obtaining an Ex Parte Order of Protection (OP) that will provide immediate protection. Within a short time, the court will schedule a hearing to obtain a long-term restraining order. Our firm can represent you at that hearing to present evidence supporting your petition. We can also seek an order covering the possession of a home, child custody, child support, the possession of an automobile and other protections for you.
For Those Falsely Accused
Sadly, these false allegations are often made in order to gain leverage during a divorce or paternity proceeding. If you have experienced them, you should take them seriously. Allegations — even false ones — can do serious damage to your relationship with your children. Fight back. Talk to a lawyer.
We have written articles about the topic for you to read that you might be interested in: Domestic violence allegations and defense: how a lawyer can help, Missouri law summary on termination of parental rights and Missouri senator pushing for benefits for domestic abuse victims.
Contact Our Attorneys Serving St. Louis, Kansas Columbia, Springfield, Wichita, Tulsa and Beyond
If you’re looking to find a family law attorney, contact us online or by phone to schedule a confidential half-hour consultation at any of our convenient locations.