Divorce Lawyers in Missouri and Illinois in St. Louis, Kansas City, Columbia, Springfield and Beyond
At Stange Law Firm, PC, we have extensive trial experience and are ready and willing to take your case to trial if necessary. Until a settlement is reached, we believe it is vital to prepare a client's case for trial, because being ready is key to winning. The results of trials are long-lasting and can be hard, if not impossible in some instances, to change if there is an adverse result.
However, all too often, people accuse each other of bad things when the time, energy and money spent really does not make it worthwhile. Often, fighting spouses find that they use up the resources needed to start separate futures while fighting during their divorces.
At Stange Law Firm, we believe that there is often a better way. We encourage our clients to make smart decisions and to resolve matters using common sense when possible. However, we also know that the best way to reach a settlement is to prepare a client's case for trial until there is a settlement because peace can sometimes only be achieved through strength.
Divorce Lawyers and Separation Attorney — Serving St. Louis, Kansas City, Columbia, Springfield and the Surrounding Areas
From separation or annulment to uncontested or contested divorce, we have the resources to handle all aspects of a divorce — no matter how complex. We know the law on divorce and can guide our clients through the process effectively and efficiently.
As set forth in their biographies, many of our attorneys have received awards and accolades for divorce and family law. In fact, both partners at our law firm have been recognized as Super Lawyers Rising Stars for Family Law. Among other awards, Kirk Stange has also been recognized as a Top 10 Family Law Attorney in Missouri by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys.
St. Louis Divorce Lawyers also Representing Clients in Kansas City, Columbia, Springfield and the Surrounding Areas
We represent clients in all aspects of Missouri and Illinois divorces, from initial separations to resolution of all issues related to child custody and child support, as well as all of the financial issues in divorce, including property division and spousal maintenance (alimony).
We understand that each divorce is unique, so we listen closely to every client and customize our representation accordingly. We also implement mediation and collaborative divorce techniques to help our clients achieve the best possible results. If you are interested in using alternative dispute resolution (ADR) for divorce, our lawyers have the experience needed to help you prepare for ADR in your divorce and get the best results possible. In cases where there was fraud, an annulment may also be an option.
Helpful Information for Individuals Going Through a Divorce
You can also find out the following topics on our webpage by clicking below or looking at the menus:
- High asset divorce: If you are going through a divorce and have a high net worth, our lawyers can help guide you through the process.
- Contested divorce: If you have a divorce with contested issues, we have experience with contested divorce.
- Uncontested divorce: If you and your spouse both want a divorce and need assistance with an uncontested divorce, our lawyers can help.
- What to expect at trial: If you are in the midst of a contested divorce where a trial will be necessary, our lawyers can help answer your questions and effectively represent you at trial if you need representation.
- Legal separation: Sometimes, a marriage is not working, but the paries still believe there is a reasonably likelihood it can be saved. We can help you with a legal separation if this is the case.
- Legal issues in divorce: Are you concerned with the legal issues involved in a divorce? Our lawyers can talk to you about the legal issues that might be in play in your case.
- Petitioner vs. Respondent in divorce: Parties can sometimes be confused about the difference between a Petitioner and Respondent in a dissolution of marriage. We can help explain the difference.
- Divorce FAQs: Are you wanting to find out some information about divorce? Our lawyers can help answer your questions.
- Questions for divorce attorney: Do you have questions that you want to ask a divorce lawyer? Our lawyers are here to help.
- Same-sex divorce: Are you in a same-sex marriage and need help with a divorce? Our lawyers can help.
- Change of judges in divorce proceedings: Are you in the midst of a divorce and wondering whether you might be able to obtain a different judge? Find out if that is an option.
- Bankruptcy and divorce: Financial difficulties can be a leading cause of divorce. If you are have debt you cannot pay, but also need a divorce, you can talk with our lawyers about your options.
- Private investigators in divorce: In some cases, you may be interested in hiring a private investigator to prove marital misconduct, conduct detrimental to custody or to help locate hidden assets.
- Divorce counseling: Are you interested in divorce counseling? Our lawyers can help guide you in the right direction.
- Plan for divorce: Do you believe you have a divorce that is inevitably on the horizon. Our lawyers can help you plan for divorce.
- Children and divorce: If you have children and are going through a divorce, you are likely concerned about the possible affects on them.
- Marital misconduct and divorce: Are you concerned that your spouse has committed marital misconduct? You can talk to a lawyer about the possible effects this can have on your divorce.
- Social media in divorce FAQ: With many utilizing social media, individuals often wonder whether they should continue to use social media or what is appropriate to post. Our lawyers can discuss this with you.
- Woman's name change after divorce: After divorce, many wives change their name back to their maiden or former name. We can discuss your options with you.
- Divorce and insurance FAQ: If you are going through a divorce, you may be worried how this will effect your insurance that you have.
- Dating during divorce: You might be wondering whether dating during divorce is advisable or not. Our lawyers can talk to you about it.
- Residency requirements: If you are looking to file for divorce in a particular state, it is vital that you meet the residency requirements to file. Our lawyers can discuss the legal and factual issues involved in your case.
- Waiting periods: To complete a divorce, you have to satisfy waiting or separation requirements. Our lawyers can discuss this with you.
From our webpage, you can also read articles about divorce and family law, view informational videos, divorce seminar videos, listen to our podcast, download our mobile application or view support calculators for Missouri and Illinois.
Contact Divorce Attorneys in MO and IL in Saint Louis (Clayton), Kansas City (Lee's Summit), Columbia, Springfield and the Surrounding Areas
If you are looking to find and hire a divorce lawyer, contact us online or by phone to schedule a confidential half-hour consultation at any of our convenient locations.