Missouri and Illinois Family Law Attorneys
Stange Law Firm, PC, is dedicated exclusively to the practice of family law. We handle only family law matters, which gives us the in-depth knowledge to handle even the most complex, sophisticated and serious family law issues for our clients. Our attorneys have received numerous awards and accolades for divorce and family law as set forth in their individual biographies.
Regardless of how serious matters are, we encourage our clients to be cool headed and stable. This can be difficult when so much is at stake, but our clients can trust that we will act boldly to protect their rights. We advocate effectively for our clients so that they can focus on what matters most — taking care of their families.
We handle matters related to all facets of divorce and separation , as well as division of property and debt, and family violence. We are also well equipped to handle the complex financial matters that often affect families in high asset divorce .
We also handle many other family law matters, including but not limited to:
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements: These agreements help couples make critical decisions about their relationships, just in case. While prenuptial agreements are drafted before a marriage, postnuptial agreements are drafted during the marriage, usually when circumstances change.
- Paternity: With approximately forty-percent of all children being born out of wedlock, we represent numerous unmarried parents in child custody and child support disputes. These cases are the twenty-first century divorce and extremely common.
- Guardianships and conservatorships: We also represent clients in matters of guardianships and conservatorships, helping them protect the people they love — especially when those people can no longer care for themselves. Our work in this area often involves people facing physical and mental illnesses, alcoholism and addiction.
- Fertility and surrogacy: We can help clients negotiate fertility and surrogacy agreements, drafting and executing all related documents as well as resolving any conflicts that may arise.
- Step-parent adoption: We represent parents in step-parent adoptions, which usually occur when a parent marries or remarries after the birth of a biological child. Step-parent adoptions help bring families closer together by creating a solid family unit.
- Adoption: We are honored to represent clients who wish to adopt a child into their family.
- Minor emancipation: In some cases, minors do best when they are given the rights and responsibilities of adults. We assist in minor emancipation, representing both teens and their parents.
- Grandparents' rights: Lawyers at our firm also handle grandparents' rights issues such as child custody, guardianship and grandparent adoption.
- Appeals: We represent parties in appeals of adverse family court judgments, including divorce, child custody, child support, maintenance and grandparent visitation.
- Mediation and Collaborative Family Law: We represent parties looking to resolve their family law matters amicably through alternative dispute resolution.
- Child Support : We represent clients in matters involving child support.
- Child Custody : We represent parents in child custody disputes.
- Juvenile Matters : We represent parties in juvenile matters involving the Division of Family Law Services.
- Modifications: We assist clients in modifying prior child custody and child support judgments when the facts call for it.
- Contempt : We help clients in contempt of court matters as well as family access motions .
- Military Divorce : We are proud to represent service members in divorce and family law matters.
- Name Change : If you are seeking to legally change your name, we can help.
- Orders of Protection : We can help you in legal proceedings involving restraining orders.
From our webpage, you can also read articles about family law, view informational videos, seminar videos, listen to our podcast, download our mobile application or view child support calculators for Missouri and Illinois.
Contact Family Lawyers in Missouri and Illinois Serving St. Louis, Kansas City, Columbia and Springfield and the Surrounding Areas
Contact us online or by phone to schedule a confidential half-hour consultation at any of our convenient locations, including:
- Saint Louis County (Clayton), MO Office: 314-963-4700 Click to learn more.
- West County (Ellisville), MO Office: 636-200-6400 Click to learn more.
- Jackson County, MO (Lee's Summit), MO Office: 816-875-4505 Click to learn more.
- Jefferson County (Arnold), MO Office: 636-296-3060 Click to learn more.
- St. Charles, MO Office: 636-940-5900 Click to learn more.
- Franklin County (Union), MO Office: 636-388-0700 Click to learn more.
- Lincoln County (Troy), MO Office: 636-487-0088 Click to learn more.
- Boone County (Columbia), MO Office: 573-303-0595 Click to learn more.
- Jackson County (Kansas City), MO (by appt. only): 816-299-4530 Click to learn more.
- Saint Louis City, MO Office (by appt. only): 314-499-8340 Click to learn more.
- St. Clair County (Belleville), IL Office: 618-310-3711 Click to learn more.
- Madison County (Edwardsville), IL Office: 618-307-7100 Click to learn more.
- Monroe County (Waterloo), IL (by appt. only): 618-208-0587 Click to learn more.
- Sangamon County (Springfield), IL: 217-717-8605 Click to learn more.