Missouri and Illinois Family Law Attorneys in St. Louis (Clayton), Kansas City (Lee's Summit), Columbia, Springfield and Elsewhere
Stange Law Firm, PC, is dedicated exclusively to the practice of family law. We handle only family law matters, which gives us the in-depth knowledge to handle even the most complex, sophisticated and serious family law issues for our clients. Our attorneys have received numerous awards and accolades for divorce and family law as set forth in their individual biographies.
Regardless of how serious matters are, we encourage our clients to be cool headed and stable. This can be difficult when so much is at stake, but our clients can trust that we will act boldly to protect their rights. We advocate effectively for our clients so that they can focus on what matters most — taking care of their families.
We handle matters related to all facets of divorce and separation , as well as division of property and debt, and family violence. We are also well equipped to handle the complex financial matters that often affect families in high asset divorce .
We also handle many other family law matters, including but not limited to:
- Dissolution of Marriage: Unfortunately, there are times when a marriage is irretrievably broken and a divorce is the only option. We can help with your uncontested, contested, simple or complex divorce case.
- Legal Separation: There are some instances where married parties are separation, but are unsure whether their marriage can be reconciled or may later need to be dissolved. We can help with a legal separation if this is the case.
- Annulment: In certain circumstances, a party may be able to seek an annulment if there are circumstances that led to a party being fraudlently induced into entering a marriage.
- Collaborative Law/Mediation: If you are looking for an amicable resolution to your divorce or family law matter, we have attorneys who can help you with a collaborative family law case or mediation.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements: These agreements help couples make critical decisions about their relationships, just in case. While prenuptial agreements are drafted before a marriage, postnuptial agreements are drafted during the marriage, usually when circumstances change.
- Paternity: With approximately forty-percent of all children being born out of wedlock, we represent numerous unmarried parents in child custody and child support disputes. These cases are the twenty-first century divorce and extremely common.
- Guardianships and conservatorships: We also represent clients in matters of guardianships and conservatorships, helping them protect the people they love — especially when those people can no longer care for themselves. Our work in this area often involves people facing physical and mental illnesses, alcoholism and addiction.
- Fertility and surrogacy: We can help clients negotiate fertility and surrogacy agreements, drafting and executing all related documents as well as resolving any conflicts that may arise.
- Step-parent adoption: We represent parents in step-parent adoptions, which usually occur when a parent marries or remarries after the birth of a biological child. Step-parent adoptions help bring families closer together by creating a solid family unit.
- Adoption: We are honored to represent clients who wish to adopt a child into their family.
- Minor emancipation: In some cases, minors do best when they are given the rights and responsibilities of adults. We assist in minor emancipation, representing both teens and their parents.
- Grandparents' rights: Lawyers at our firm also handle grandparents' rights issues such as child custody, guardianship and grandparent adoption.
- Appeals: We represent parties in appeals of adverse family court judgments, including divorce, child custody, child support, maintenance and grandparent visitation.
- Child Support : We represent clients in matters involving child support.
- Child Custody : We represent parents in child custody disputes.
- Juvenile Matters : We represent parties in juvenile matters involving the Division of Family Law Services.
- Modifications: We assist clients in modifying prior child custody and child support judgments when the facts call for it.
- Contempt : We help clients in contempt of court matters as well as family access motions .
- Military Divorce : We are proud to represent service members in divorce and family law matters.
- Name Change : If you are seeking to legally change your name, we can help.
- Orders of Protection : We can help you in legal proceedings involving restraining orders.
From our webpage, you can also read articles about family law, view informational videos, seminar videos, listen to our podcast, download our mobile application or view child support calculators for Missouri and Illinois.
Contact St. Louis (Clayton) Family Lawyers in Missouri and Illinois also Serving Kansas City (Lee's Summit), Columbia and Springfield and the Surrounding Areas
If you looking to find and hire a family lawyer, contact us online or by phone to schedule a confidential half-hour consultation at any of our convenient locations.