Child Support Attorney(s) in Missouri, Illinois, Kansas and Oklahoma in St. Louis (Clayton), Kansas City, Columbia, Springfield, Wichita, Tulsa and Beyond
In the times of a divorce or custody matter, child support can be a contested isue. At Stange Law Firm, PC, we are dedicated to getting our clients what they are looking for in their case and ensuring that the children’s best interests are met. We have a number of offices throughout Missouri, Illinois, Kansas and Oklahoma.
To learn how our child support attorneys can assist you, please call today or send us a message online.
How Is Child Support Calculated in Missouri, Illinois, Kansas and Oklahoma?
Unless the parents have approximately equal custody time with the children and make roughly the same amount of money, one parent will probably pay child support to the other. The parent who does not have the children most of the time generally pays support to the parent who has more custody time.
Child support guidelines help parents determine how much support they will pay or receive. While the exact calculation methods vary by state, the guidelines are generally based on the parents’ gross or net incomes and take many different factors into account, such as the day care and medical costs. Parents must often provide tax records and payroll stubs in order to correctly calculate the amount. In Missouri, Illinois, Kansas and Oklahoma, how child support is specifically calculated is different, but the income of the parties is almost always a vital factor.
It can feel strenous — especially because so much rides on getting things right. At Stange Law Firm, PC, we are there for you. Our Missouri, Illinois, Kansas and Oklahoma law firm represents parents who need child support matters determined as part of a divorce or paternity proceeding, as well as parents seeking to modify or enforce an existing child support order.
Child Support And Visitation
“How does my parenting plan affect the amount of support I pay?” This is a question we frequently hear from our clients. The Missouri child support guidelines allow parents a “visitation credit.” This credit for the amount of overnight visitation handled by the noncustodial parent can change the amount of child support due. It is often a factor to be considered when divorcing parents are determining child custody and visitation.
When we handle your child support case, we’ll take everything into account to make sure that you are paying or receiving the right amount. Our work includes implementing successful legal strategies, like making sure that the amount of parenting time you receive is right for you.
Child Support Enforcement and Modification
Child support orders can be modified when circumstances change substantially. When the noncustodial parent fails to live up to his or her child support obligation, child support orders can also be enforced through motions for contempt or child support enforcement. If you would like a child support order changed or enforced, talking to a child support enforcement attorney can help you understand your options. In addition, our firm can assist you in filing a petition for review.
Helpful Information On Support Related Issues
From our webpage, we also have pages on various other topics involving support that might be helpful to you, including the pages below and those on our menu:
- Missouri child support calculator: If you are looking for a child support estimate in Missouri, we have a sample Form 14 on our webpage that can help give you a general idea in terms of child support numbers for your case.
- Illinois child support calculator: If you are interested in obtaining a child support estimate in Illinois, on our webpage, we have a sample Illinois child support calculator. This might be helpful in terms of giving you a general idea of child support in your case.
- Kansas child support chart: If you are interested in obtaining a child support estimate in Kansas, we have a simple chart on our webpage. This might be helpful in giving an approximation.
- Oklahoma child support chart: If you are interested in obtaining a child support estimate in Oklahoma, we have a simple chart on our webpage. This might be helpful in giving an approximation.
- Informational support videos: We have information child support videos from some live seminars that we have hosted on our webpage that you can view.
- Child support emancipation: If you are interested in know how child support emancipation works, we have information on our webpage that you can view.
- College education and child support: The cost of college and university education can be an important component of child support in divorce and custody cases. Our attorneys can assist if the cost of education is an issue in your case.
- Modification of child support: In some cases, the court has issued a child support order. After the passage of time, it might be important to seek a modification where there have been changed circumstances of a substantial and continuing basis. You can discuss this with our attorneys if you think a modification might be appropriate in your case.
- Modification of spousal support (alimony/maintenance): Spousal maintenance can be ordered at the conclusion of a divorce. In some cases, the parties might need to seek a modification and/or termination of a maintenance order. Our attorneys can assist in many instances.
- Daycare and child support: In divorce and custody cases where there are young children, the cost of daycare or childcare can be an important issue. Our attorneys can help you work through these issues.
- Dependency exemptions: The dependency exemptions can be important for many divorcing parties or unmarried couples. Our attorneys can represent you in these circumstances.
- Division of Child Support Enforcement: Many child support matters end up being addressed through state administrative agencies. Our attorneys can help represent you before state child support agencies.
- Wage withholding orders and garnishments: In some cases, child support can be paid either through a wage withholding order or garnishment. Our attorneys can help you navigate the process.