Child Support Lawyers in Missouri

Unless the parents have approximately equal custody time with the children and make roughly the same amount of money, one parent will pay child support to the other. The parent who does not have the children most of the time generally pays support to the parent who has more custody time.

In Missouri, child support guidelines help parents determine how much support they will pay or receive. The guidelines are based on the parents' gross incomes and take many different factors into account, such as the costs of day care and medical costs. Parents must often provide tax records and payroll stubs in order to correctly calculate the amount. In Illinois, the biggest fact is the net income of the non-custodial parent.

Individuals looking to estimate a child support amount can do so by following this link below:

Missouri Child Support Estimate

Illinois Child Support Estimate

It can feel overwhelming to try to make the calculation yourself — especially because so much depends on getting things exactly right. At Stange Law Firm, PC, we take on the responsibility for our clients. Our Missouri and Illinois law firm represents parents who need child support matters determined as part of a divorce or paternity proceeding, as well as parents seeking to modify or enforce an existing child support order.

Read more about how our lawyers assist with:

Child Support and Visitation

How does my parenting plan affect the amount of support I pay? This is a question we frequently hear from our clients. The Missouri child support guidelines allow parents a "visitation credit." This credit for the amount of overnight visitation handled by the non-custodial parent can change the amount of child support due. It is often a factor to be considered when divorcing parents are determining child custody and visitation.

When we handle your child support case we'll take everything into account to make sure that you are paying or receiving the right amount. Our work includes implementing successful legal strategies, like making sure that the amount of parenting time you receive is right for you.

Watch our child support video below:

St. Charles Child Support Enforcement and Modification

Child support orders can be modified when circumstances change substantially. They can also be enforced when the non-custodial parent fails to live up to his or her child support obligation. If you would like a child support order changed or enforced, talking to a child support enforcement attorney can help you understand your options.

Contact a St. Louis Child Support Attorney

To learn more about child support, contact us online or by phone to schedule a free and confidential half-hour consultation at any of our convenient locations in St. Louis County, St. Charles,  Jefferson County (Arnold), Franklin County (Union) or St. Louis City (by appointment only), Missouri, or St. Clair County (Belleville), Monroe County (Waterloo) and Madison County (Edwardsville), Illinois.

Saint Louis County, MO: 314-963-4700 Click to learn more about this location.

West St. Louis County, MO: 636-200-6400 Click to learn more about this location.

Jefferson County (Arnold), MO: 636-296-3060 Click to learn more about this location.

St. Charles, MO: 636-940-5900 Click to learn more about this location.

Franklin County (Union), MO: 636-388-0700 Click to learn more about this location.

Lincoln County (Troy), MO: 636-487-0088 Click to learn more about this location.

Saint Louis City, MO (by appointment only): 314-499-8340 Click to learn more about this location.

St. Clair County (Belleville), IL: 618-310-3711 Click to learn more about this location

Madison County (Edwardsville), IL: 618-307-7100 click to learn more about this location

Monroe County (Waterloo), IL Office (by appointment only): 618-208-0587 Click to learn more about this location.