Enforcement of Child Support Orders

At Stange Law Firm, PC, we represent parents in Missouri, Illinois, Kansas and Oklahoma in matters of child support and child custody enforcement. We do our best to make legal matters easier for our clients so that they can focus on taking care of what really matters — their children and their families.

Enforcement of Child Support Orders

Parents who fail to pay court-ordered child support face a broad spectrum of consequences. These include having income withheld by the state. It also includes interception of federal and state income tax refunds, reporting to credit bureaus, filing liens on personal property, intercepting lottery winnings and suspending driver's licenses.

These consequences are serious. For that reason, it is critical for non-custodial spouses to take action before they fall behind on their payments. By contacting an attorney, you may be able to have the child support order modified to suit your needs, and at Stange Law Firm, PC, we can help.

Our team of lawyers represents clients in modification and enforcement proceedings. We represent both paying and receiving spouses and have the in-depth knowledge necessary to help our clients achieve the best possible results.

Enforcement of Child Custody and Visitation Orders

If a parent fails to pay child support, it is not okay for the other parent to withhold visitation. Visitation with a child should not be dependent on whether or not payments have been made. If a parent is denying visitation with your child, it may be possible to go to court to have the order enforced. At Stange Law Firm, PC, we help our clients understand their options so that they can make the right choices about what to do when custody is withheld.

Missouri law allows parents to file  family access motions if they are denied visitation with their children. These motions are legal tools designed to help people who are subject to an existing court order that is not being followed. When your Family Access Motion is filed, the court will review your child custody and visitation order to determine whether you were, in fact, entitled to the visitation you were denied. If you were, the court will order visitation. A motion for contempt is often another option as well.

Having the other party held in contempt of court may also be possible. The attorneys at Stange Law Firm, PC, can advise you about your options to help you take effective action.

Find Out More About Enforcement of Orders

You can read our blog post, Enforcing Child Custody Orders from Another State in Missouri, to learn more about enforcement of orders.

Contact Our Enforcement of Custody and Support Lawyers in Missouri, Illinois, Kansas and Oklahoma in St. Louis, Kansas City, Columbia, Springfield, Tulsa, WIchita and Beyond

Our law firm is here to assist you with a wide variety of family law matters. To learn more about the law on civil contempt of court, contact us online or by phone to schedule a confidential consultation at any of our convenient locations.