Parental Rights

If you are living abroad and seeking to assert or recover your custody rights regarding a child living in Missouri, Illinois, Kansas or another state, there are laws in place that can be used to recover your child. Those same laws can be used to prevent the removal of a child from the United States to another country in violation of the custody rights of a parent living in the U.S.

We represent clients in international child custody and visitation matters. Our work includes:

  • Recovering custody of children who have been brought to the U.S. in violation of custody orders
  • Protecting the custody rights of a parent and child living in the U.S.
  • Asserting visitation rights with a child living in the U.S. for parents who live abroad

Understanding Your Parental Rights

If you are a parent who is seeking child custody rights to a child in the U.S., you need to act quickly to assert your rights. Delay in this effort can put you at legal disadvantage.

The skilled lawyers at Stange Law Firm, PC, will undertake a comprehensive effort — first to locate your child if necessary, and then to develop and act upon a legal strategy designed to assert your parental rights and achieve your goals.

We have written many articles on parental rights to help you understand the topic a little more: Do you have a plan for establishing parental rights in Missouri? and Parental rights are more than the right to pay for child support.

Contact Our Attorneys in Missouri, Illinois, Kansas and Oklahoma

To learn more about our approach to parental rights, contact our parental rights lawyers online or by phone to schedule a confidential consultation at any of our convenient locations. We have offices in St. Louis, Kansas City, Columbia, Springfield, Wichita, Tulsa and beyond.