Chicago, Illinois Guardianship Attorneys in Cook County
Assisting Chicago, Illinois Residents in Guardianship Matters Throughout Cook County and Nearby
Chicago, Illinois Conservatorship Answers in Cook County, IL
There are a number of situations where a guardianship or conservatorship may be appropriate, including the examples below:
- A guardianship may be appropriate when an elderly person has reached the point where they are unable to care for themselves. If this person has not already established a durable power of attorney or made other arrangements as part of an estate plan, a guardianship may be necessary to ensure that the person receives proper care.
- A conservatorship may be necessary for a child who has received an inheritance or compensation for an accident, if the child’s parents are unable to properly manage the money.
- A guardianship and conservatorship may be appropriate for a child with special needs when that child turns 18. These arrangements can ensure that a guardian or conservator can still make essential decisions regarding the child’s medical care and finances.
In order for a guardianship to be granted, it is usually required to go to court and to offer certain proof of incompetence. People seeking court-ordered guardianship must usually show documents like a physician’s statement and certain medical records to help make their case.
Each Family in Chicago, IL is Different
Each family is different, but gaining control over an individual’s finances or bills can bring peace of mind to families. They understand that their loved one is protected from being taken advantage of financially and they can rest assured knowing that the person will have help making difficult decisions that could endanger him or her.
However, there can often be hostility and strife when families go through guardianship proceedings, especially when different family members are in disagreement about the measures that need to be taken. At Stange Law Firm, PC, our lawyers understand what families are dealing with. Our attorneys can work closely with you to make sure your rights and interests are protected.
A child’s guardian can become an important person in their life at any age. Here is an article pertaining to guardianship: Illinois Law Summary: Guardianships and Voluntary Relinquishment and Paul Walker’s Mother Petitions to Become Granddaughter’s Guardian.
To learn more about the Cook County Family Court in the Chicago area, please visit the following links:
- Cook County Family Court: More additional information regarding the Cook County family court can be found here.
- Cook County Local Court Rules: Interested in learning more about the local court rules in Cook County? Click here to take a look.
- Cook County Courthouse Directions: Do you need directions or a map of the Cook County, IL courthouse? Click on this link provided to help you out!
Contact Stange Law Firm, PC in Chicago, Illinois to Schedule an Initial Consultation For Your Guardianship or Conservatorship Matter in Cook County Today
Are you looking to hire an experienced family law attorney to help you with your guardianship? If so, schedule a confidential appointment with one of our attorneys, contact us online.
Cook County (Rolling Meadows), Illinois Office (773-453-9390) | 1600 Golf Road, Suite 1264, Rolling Meadows, Illinois 60008 (*Opening 10/3/2022)