Dividing Investment AccountsContact the insightful lawyers at Stange Law Firm, PC, to discuss your high net worth or complex property division issues related to investment accounts, including:
- Who contributed to the accounts, including pensions, IRA, and 401(k) retirement plans?
- What profit-sharing plans or deferred compensation is included in your investments?
- Did your spouse’s marital contributions contribute to the increased value of investments?
- How much has the investment account appreciated over time? What is the fair market value?
- Was there a transmutation of financial assets? Did you commingle your separate assets with your marital assets?
- What are the tax obligations and debts stemming from the investments?
- Is real estate part of the investment portfolio?