Maryville, Illinois Paternity Attorneys in Madison County

We've dedicated our firm to family law. Watch a quick video on why:

Stange Law Firm img
Play Video

Other Related Topics

Maryville, Illinois Paternity Attorneys in Madison County

Helping You Achieve Your Custody, Visitation and Child Support Goals in Maryville, Illinois in Madison County (Serving Edwardsville, IL)

If you are an unmarried father or mother, you have rights and responsibilities. At Stange Law Firm, PC in Maryville in Madison County, Illinois (Serving Maryville, IL) we are dedicated to helping parents assert their rights and obtain a fair allocation of parental responsibilities.

We represent unmarried parents in matters involving:

Contact us today for a confidential consultation about your case.

Maryville and Madison County, Illinois Single Parents’ Attorneys (Serving Edwardsville, Illinois)

Over the years, Stange Law Firm, PC has represented countless parents in custody, visitation and support matters. Stange Law Firm, PC understands the burdens and special concerns of unmarried parents, and will work diligently to achieve a prompt and efficient resolution of your case.

Many attorneys at Stange Law Firm, PC are Lead Counsel Rated for Divorce and Family Law. Founding Partner Kirk Stange has been named to the list of Top 100 Trial Lawyers by National Trial Lawyers. Many of our other attorneys have received awards as set forth in their personal biographies.

Stange Law Firm, PC will carefully review the facts and issues in your case. They will explain the law as it affects your rights and responsibilities, providing you with an understanding of the legal process and what you can expect as your case moves forward.

Parenting Time — Courts in Illinois always base their decisions on what they perceive to be the “best interest” of the children. Stange Law Firm, PC represents unmarried fathers seeking to obtain custody and parenting time, as well as mothers wishing to retain or alter existing custody and visitation arrangements.

Financial matters — Stange Law Firm, PC can represent you in child support hearings to determine whether a parent should be required to provide support or to obtain a modification in an existing child support order.

New Family Law Changes to Illinois

The term “child custody” is now being referred to as “allocation of parental responsibilities”. This new term means that courts in Illinois now allocate decision making power to both parents. This means that both parents are now involved in the child’s life in decisions regarding health, education, religion and extracurricular activities.

Contact a Madison County in Maryville, Illinois Paternity Attorney (Serving Edwardsville, IL)

From our webpage, you can also read articles about family law, view informational videos, seminar videos, listen to our podcast, download our mobile application or view support calculators for Missouri and Illinois.

To learn more about the law on child custody, or if you’re looking to hire a family law attorney to help with your child custody matter, contact us online or by phone to schedule a consultation at our Madison County Office in Maryville. More information about this office is below:

Madison County (Maryville), IL Office: 618-307-7100 Click to learn more about this location.

25 Professional Park Drive, Suite B, Maryville, Illinois 62062.


Full Service Child Custody Representation

Our child custody practice focuses on protecting the wellbeing of children and the rights of parents. We handle issues such as:
Often called parenting time, visitation is the amount of time a noncustodial parent spends with his or her child. We can handle a broad spectrum of visitation matters.
Creating a parenting plan
Getting visitation rights means drafting a parenting plan that works. We can help.
Relocation with a child
Courts have continuing jurisdiction over child custody and visitation orders. So, when a parent wants to move, it is usually necessary to get the court's permission first. Failure to do so can put your time with your child in jeopardy.
Enforcement of orders
If a parent fails to follow a child custody order, it may be possible to take him or her to court to enforce the order.
Contempt of court
If you are found to have repeatedly ignored a court order, you may be found in contempt of court.
Modification of orders:
When you need a court order changed, you can work with the experienced attorneys at Stange Law Firm, PC.
Custody Issues for Nonmarried Parents
Next to divorce actions, paternity cases (custody and support cases between unmarried parents) are among the most common cases in family law.
Parental Rights
Parents are often concerns about their parental rights, especially fathers in certain circumstances.
Family Access Motions
If you are being denied access to your children, you may want to consider a family access motion.
Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act
If you have jurisdictional issues involving your custody case, you will want an attorney familiar with the UCCJEA.
Custody Evaluations
If you have a complex custody case where psychological issues or abuse may be in play, you might want to consider a child custody evaluation
Hague Convention
If you are dealing with an international child custody dispute, and perhaps child abduction, knowing about the Hague Convention is often critical.
Third-Party Custody
If you are not the biological parents, in certain cases all may not be lost. You might have a right to third party custody in certain situations.
Fertility and Surrogacy
Fertility and surrogacy is a growing area of the law for those who want children.
In some custody cases, parties might live far apart. This can result in difficult child custody cases with transportation at issue.

Prenuptial Agreements Line by Line

Aspatore Books from Thomson Reuters Westlaw

Strategies For Family Law Illinois

Aspatore Books from Thomson Reuters Westlaw

Strategies For Military Family Law

Aspatore Books from Thomson Reuters Westlaw

Protect Yourself By Understanding Your Options and Knowing Your Rights


SLF Icon


Stange Law Firm, PC

120 S. Central Avenue, Suite 450

St. Louis (Clayton), Missouri 63105

Toll Free: 855-805-0595
Fax: 314-963-9191
Group 144


Contact Our Team

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Family Law Legal Services At Your Fingertips


When you choose us, you don’t have to sacrifice quality or service. You get the resources of a large divorce and family law firm AND the attentive service of a local attorney.