Kansas City, Missouri Paternity Lawyers in Jackson County

We've dedicated our firm to family law. Watch a quick video on why:

Stange Law Firm img
Play Video

Other Related Topics

Kansas City, Missouri Paternity Lawyers in Jackson County

Assisting Unmarried Parents With Child Custody, DNA Testing, Paternity and Child Support in Kansas City, Missouri in Jackson County And The Surrounding Areas

When you have a child or children out-of-wedlock, it can bring up questions about child custody and child support. This is particularly true where you are not in a committed relationship with the other parent or where you separate. Stange Law Firm, PC is here to help you understand your rights and answer any questions that you may have about your child’s case in Jackson County in Kansas City, Missouri in Lee’s Summit and beyond. We represent unmarried parents in a variety of cases, including:

Kansas City, Missouri Paternity Attorneys in Jackson County

At Stange Law Firm, we offer attorneys that have been recognized by earning multiple awards in the family law industry. To read about the awards that each attorney has won, you can visit their individual biographies on our website. When you are going through a paternity case, you need an attorney with experience in all aspects of those types of cases. This includes, custody, visitation, and support matters. In some cases, a DNA test might be necessary where paternity is in doubt. Stange Law Firm, PC can help you and will be there to understand your wants and needs as an unmarried parent. We will fight for you and are dedicated to getting you the outcome that you deserve. Missouri law in regards to child custody cases, bases their determination on the “best interest of the child”. Because of this, our experienced attorneys will use the facts of your case and Missouri law to help you in the following areas:
  • Unmarried fathers and mothers who want custody and parenting time with their children.
  • Representing parents in child support hearings to determine financial arrangements for the children.
You can also read articles about family law, view informational videos and seminar videos, listen to our podcast, download our mobile application, or view support calculator Missouri on our website.

Contact Kansas City, Missouri Paternity Lawyers in Jackson County, Missouri Today

If you are going through a paternity case and you’re looking to hire an experienced family law attorney, or if you’re just wanting to learn more about child custody and child support laws in Kansas City, Missouri, our attorneys will be happy to assist you. From our office in Lee’s Summit, we represent clients in Kansas City, Independence and the surrounding areas. Contact us online or by calling the number below to schedule a consultation with one of our skilled and knowledgeable attorneys. Kansas City, MO Office: 816-631-0307 | 1201 Walnut Street, Suite 975, Kansas City, MO 64106


Full Service Child Custody Representation

Our child custody practice focuses on protecting the wellbeing of children and the rights of parents. We handle issues such as:
Often called parenting time, visitation is the amount of time a noncustodial parent spends with his or her child. We can handle a broad spectrum of visitation matters.
Creating a parenting plan
Getting visitation rights means drafting a parenting plan that works. We can help.
Relocation with a child
Courts have continuing jurisdiction over child custody and visitation orders. So, when a parent wants to move, it is usually necessary to get the court's permission first. Failure to do so can put your time with your child in jeopardy.
Enforcement of orders
If a parent fails to follow a child custody order, it may be possible to take him or her to court to enforce the order.
Contempt of court
If you are found to have repeatedly ignored a court order, you may be found in contempt of court.
Modification of orders:
When you need a court order changed, you can work with the experienced attorneys at Stange Law Firm, PC.
Custody Issues for Nonmarried Parents
Next to divorce actions, paternity cases (custody and support cases between unmarried parents) are among the most common cases in family law.
Parental Rights
Parents are often concerns about their parental rights, especially fathers in certain circumstances.
Family Access Motions
If you are being denied access to your children, you may want to consider a family access motion.
Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act
If you have jurisdictional issues involving your custody case, you will want an attorney familiar with the UCCJEA.
Custody Evaluations
If you have a complex custody case where psychological issues or abuse may be in play, you might want to consider a child custody evaluation
Hague Convention
If you are dealing with an international child custody dispute, and perhaps child abduction, knowing about the Hague Convention is often critical.
Third-Party Custody
If you are not the biological parents, in certain cases all may not be lost. You might have a right to third party custody in certain situations.
Fertility and Surrogacy
Fertility and surrogacy is a growing area of the law for those who want children.
In some custody cases, parties might live far apart. This can result in difficult child custody cases with transportation at issue.

Prenuptial Agreements Line by Line

Aspatore Books from Thomson Reuters Westlaw

Strategies For Family Law Illinois

Aspatore Books from Thomson Reuters Westlaw

Strategies For Military Family Law

Aspatore Books from Thomson Reuters Westlaw

Protect Yourself By Understanding Your Options and Knowing Your Rights


SLF Icon


Stange Law Firm, PC

120 S. Central Avenue, Suite 450

St. Louis (Clayton), Missouri 63105

Toll Free: 855-805-0595
Fax: 314-963-9191
Group 144


Contact Our Team

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Family Law Legal Services At Your Fingertips


When you choose us, you don’t have to sacrifice quality or service. You get the resources of a large divorce and family law firm AND the attentive service of a local attorney.